<$BlogRSDURL$>
Whispering Quietly to Myself
Tuesday, April 20, 2004
  Idle minds...
I haven’t made an entry here for a while because I have such a busy lifestyle. Lately I can be found either a) playing Baldur’s Gate on my old worn-out PC, b) surfing the net mindlessly, or c) with my head in a Jeff Noon book.

If you liked anything about Jabberwocky from Alice Through the Looking Glass, you will love Jeff Noon. I just finished reading Pixel Juice, which is a collection of his short stories. It’s tough going, because after each one, you feel dazed, or dazed and confused, or dazed, confused and cross-eyed.

Reviewers say “Noon reflects the energy of the rave generation: the hammer and twist of the music, the language of the computer games addict and the buzz of technology. For Noon, brilliantly, tomorrow is a blow to the head.” I grew to expect from him new sentence structure, new cadence, new dialect. I tried to describe his books to a friend, and, embarrassingly, could only think of the word psychedelic which I repeated a couple of times like a loony.

Hmmm, guess I should get off my arse and look into my own children’s book project again.

 
|
Name: Mark O'Farrell
Location: Melbourne, Australia

A somewhat accurate and often irregular record of my days.

ARCHIVES
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 /


Powered by Blogger


My mood at the moment...

The WeatherPixie

Melbourne | Blogs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This site is certified 74% GOOD by the Gematriculator

Blogs I read when I am bored: