<$BlogRSDURL$>
Whispering Quietly to Myself
Friday, May 14, 2004
  Mark gets off his arse.

I've been thinking for a while that I have nothing to share, but was reminded recently that the view from my eyes is different from everyone else's.

I ride my push-bike to work and back most days now. I started a couple of weeks ago. It was as easy as finding a cheap bike, buying the bike, checking and adjusting the bike, finding a place to park the bike near work (basement), ensuring I had access to the basement when I needed, finding a place to shower before work, finding a route between work and home, buying a lock, buying a set of lights, and easy as one-two... nine, Bob's your uncle.

So my usual morning ritual of the last ten years has changed to:
1) Get up. [Mark scowls and rolls his eyes]
1) Clean face, brush teeth.
2) Put on sneakers, t-shirt and Lycraâ„¢ bike shorts.
3) Dodge derogatory cross-dressing remarks from wife. [Mark sighs]
4) Roll up work clothes and pack backpack.
5) Jump on bike and start pedaling. [Mark remarks to himself on the schlong-shrinking temperature]
6) Reach "Capital City Trail." [Mark smiles at the duckies splashing in the watah]
7) Pedal some more you un-fit git. [Mark puffs]
8) Keep pedaling.
9) Arrive at work. Roll in casually and put bike in basement. [Mark grins in the glow of satisfaction]
10) Shower in water that seems to burn your hands, freeze your head and thaw the wind from your soul. [Mark beams and grunts]
11) Dress. [Mark avoids the puddles of warm water on change-room floor which he hates]

From there, it's business as usual. So overall, it's as good an experience as it is a bad one. Surely ten minutes a day of exercise will be worth it.

OK, that was a joke; it's forty minutes, but that's enough for now, alright?


 
|
Name: Mark O'Farrell
Location: Melbourne, Australia

A somewhat accurate and often irregular record of my days.

ARCHIVES
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 /


Powered by Blogger


My mood at the moment...

The WeatherPixie

Melbourne | Blogs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This site is certified 74% GOOD by the Gematriculator

Blogs I read when I am bored: