<$BlogRSDURL$>
Whispering Quietly to Myself
Thursday, May 27, 2004
  What a morning...
As I came down the stairs this morning, I slipped down the last couple of steps. [Am I the only guy on earth who uses "couple" to mean two or three? No, just checked dictionary.com, it's valid usage, and I'm normal.]
Anyway, I winded myself with a stair to the small of the back, a new one for me. That wasn't funny.

Then when I stepped off the morning train, I was witness to something that made me chuckle quietly to myself.
A blind woman and her trusty guide-dog jumped off the train ahead of me. Without hesitation, the guide-dog headed straight over to another guide-dog, and they said Hi.
This involved a bit of walkin' in circles, a bit of tail waggin', and a bit of butt sniffin'. (Shalini made me realise that they may have grown up together at Guide-dog school, or even be related.)

Their owners were not impressed.

"Could you please move your dog away?"
"No, could you please move your dog away?"
"Actually, could you please - move - your - dog - away?"

It was clear to everyone else that both of them were blind, and as I wandered away, I felt that they would worked that out too.

Eventually.

 
|
Name: Mark O'Farrell
Location: Melbourne, Australia

A somewhat accurate and often irregular record of my days.

ARCHIVES
March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 /


Powered by Blogger


My mood at the moment...

The WeatherPixie

Melbourne | Blogs Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

This site is certified 74% GOOD by the Gematriculator

Blogs I read when I am bored: